Tapping into Remote Insurance Opportunities
Looking for a flexible career option in the insurance field? You're not alone. Millions are shifting gears and hunting down prime remote work opportunities, with the insurance industry offering a goldmine of possibilities.
In this guide, I’ll uncover top companies hiring for remote insurance roles, share essential tips to secure these jobs, and explore the unique benefits associated with working from home.
Ready to revolutionize your career path? Let's dive in.
- Remote insurance jobs offer flexibility and the opportunity to work from anywhere, providing a better work-life balance and eliminating commuting time and expenses.
- Top companies like Anthem, Inc., CVS Health, Progressive, and Willis Towers Watson offer remote insurance job opportunities in various roles such as claims examiner, underwriter, and benefits analyst.
- Tips for securing a remote insurance job include tailoring your resume to highlight relevant experience, targeting remote-friendly companies, utilizing online job boards like FlexJobs, networking with professionals in the industry, and preparing for virtual interviews.
Understanding Remote Insurance Jobs
Remote insurance jobs offer the flexibility to work from anywhere, a feature that has seen significant growth in recent years. As the tech landscape evolves, more companies like CVS Health and New York Life are offering remote work options for their employees, expanding their talent pools beyond geographical limits.
With opportunities ranging from Benefits Analysts to Senior Underwriters, these positions come with various tasks such as claims processing, risk analysis and customer service—all achievable within a digital environment.
The key to understanding remote insurance jobs lies in recognizing how traditional roles have adapted to online platforms. For instance, Actuaries may analyze statistical data via robust software designed for remote access.
At Willis Towers Watson or Progressive—companies known for embracing technological advancements—even roles like Claims Examiner or Insurance Service Representative can be done remotely without sacrificing efficiency or communication quality.
Such adaptations not only foster better work-life balance but also create expansive career avenues across different job categories in the insurance industry.
Top Companies Offering Remote Insurance Jobs
Anthem, Inc., a notable player in the insurance industry, offers an array of tempting remote work options. Prioritizing work-life balance for its employees, this health insurance giant leads the way with flexible schedules and freelance contracts.
Specialized job categories at Anthem range from Benefits Analyst and Risk Adjustment Coder to Claims Examiner and Health Underwriter. With part-time work available alongside full-time roles, their offerings cater to various lifestyle needs.
The progressive company is keeping pace with the digital era by extending lucrative opportunities in remote insurance jobs all over Ontario. So whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or looking to break into the field, Anthem provides myriad career avenues worth exploring.
Taking the lead as America's most expansive provider of healthcare services and prescriptions, CVS Health manages a staggering 9,500+ pharmacy stores. This vast network includes an online pharmacy and multiple MinuteClinic locations.
As one of the premier companies providing remote insurance jobs, CVS Health offers a wide range of opportunities in different job categories. With an unwavering commitment to work-life balance through flexible schedules and freelance contracts, it enables employees to maintain fruitful careers right from their homes.
This makes CVS Health not just a leader in health services but also a champion for remote-friendly employment practices within the insurance industry.
Progressive is a leading insurance company that offers remote job opportunities in various insurance-related roles. With a focus on work-life balance and flexible schedules, Progressive provides a great option for individuals looking to work from home in the insurance industry.
Whether you're interested in claims examining, underwriting, or customer care, Progressive offers remote positions that allow for flexibility and autonomy. By partnering with GoFreelance, job seekers can easily access the latest remote insurance job listings from Progressive and other top companies in the industry.
So if you're looking for a remote insurance job with a reputable company, be sure to check out what Progressive has to offer.
Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson is a highly reputable name in the professional services, risk management, and insurance brokerage industry. They are known for providing excellent remote insurance job opportunities through their associations with top companies such as Anthem, Inc., Conifer Health Solutions, CVS Health, Lincoln Financial Group, National General Insurance Agency, and New York Life.
In addition to these partnerships, Willis Towers Watson also collaborates with Parallon, Progressive, Sutherland, and FlexJobs to offer a wide range of remote insurance positions. FlexJobs itself is an outstanding platform that connects job seekers with high-quality remote and flexible jobs across various categories including insurance roles.
By providing access to hand-screened job listings updated daily and offering additional resources like skills tests and virtual job fairs through their premium membership program. Willis Towers Watson's association with renowned companies demonstrates their commitment to delivering exceptional opportunities in the remote insurance job market.
Part Time & Remote Jobs
Here are some related job opportunities you may find of interest.
- Job Description: Evaluate insurance claims remotely by examining records, reports, and claimant’s statements. Estimate the claim amount and process it.
- Requirements: High school diploma, computer literacy and good communication skills. Prior insurance experience is a plus.
- Estimated Salary: $20-30/hour
- Benefits: Flexible hours, performance-based bonuses.
- Job Description: Take online surveys for insurance companies about their products and services. Share your feedback and get paid.
- Requirements: A computer with internet connection, no prior experience required.
- Estimated Salary: $10-15/hour
- Benefits: Work at your own pace and schedule.
- Job Description: Handle customer inquiries and claims via phone, email, or chat. Provide support and information regarding insurance policies.
- Requirements: High school diploma, good communication skills.
- Estimated Salary: $15-20/hour
- Benefits: Potential for promotion, employee discounts on insurance.
- Job Description: Enter data related to insurance policies and claims into the system. Ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Requirements: Typing speed of 50+ WPM, attention to detail.
- Estimated Salary: $15-18/hour
- Benefits: Flexible hours, work from home.
- Job Description: Sell insurance policies by contacting potential clients and identifying their needs. Earn lucrative commissions.
- Requirements: High school diploma, sales skills, state insurance license.
- Estimated Salary: $20,000-60,000/year + commissions
- Benefits: Flexible schedule, high earning potential.
- Job Description: Evaluate vehicle damage in insurance claims, estimate repair costs, and negotiate settlements remotely using photos and documents.
- Requirements: Basic knowledge of cars, high school diploma.
- Estimated Salary: $25-35/hour
- Benefits: Work from home, performance bonuses.
- Job Description: Review insurance policies for accuracy and completeness, and communicate corrections needed. No prior knowledge needed.
- Requirements: High school diploma, attention to detail.
- Estimated Salary: $15-20/hour
- Benefits: Work remotely, flexible schedule.
- Job Description: Manage social media platforms for insurance companies or agents. Create content, engage with followers, and track performance.
- Requirements: Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Estimated Salary: $20-25/hour
- Benefits: Remote work, creative freedom.
- Job Description: Assist in evaluating and processing life insurance applications remotely. Provide support to underwriters and agents.
- Requirements: High school diploma, computer literacy, basic knowledge of life insurance.
- Estimated Salary: $18-24/hour
- Benefits: Remote work, opportunities for career growth.
- Job Description: Transcribe recorded statements, interviews, and notes for insurance claims. Requires listening and typing skills.
- Requirements: Fast typing speed, good listening skills, attention to detail.
- Estimated Salary: $15-25/hour
- Benefits: Work from home, flexible schedule.
What People Say
Here’s what people have to say, based on their own personal experiences:
“I've been working as a Remote Insurance Claims Adjuster for over a year now. The flexibility in working hours has been a game changer for me, as it allows me to spend quality time with my family. The pay is competitive and the performance-based bonuses are quite motivating. The downside is that it sometimes gets a bit monotonous, but overall, it’s rewarding to help clients through their claims process.”
Cassius Montgomery, Boone, North Carolina
“I work as an Insurance Data Entry Specialist. The company provides excellent support and training for newcomers. The work is fairly straightforward, and I appreciate the company’s dedication to accuracy. The only drawback is that the work can get repetitive, but the ability to work from home and the flexible hours more than make up for it.”
Beatrix O’Connell, Cody, Wyoming
“Working as a Part-Time Insurance Sales Agent, the earning potential is significant. The commission structure is highly rewarding for those willing to put in the effort. Additionally, the company offers great resources for self-improvement and product knowledge. It can be a bit stressful to meet sales targets, but the sense of accomplishment is immense.”
Thaddeus Underwood, Eufaula, Alabama
“As an Insurance Social Media Manager, I've found my role to be both challenging and fulfilling. The company encourages creativity and values input from employees. The opportunity to work remotely has improved my work-life balance tremendously. The only downside is the occasional communication gap with other remote departments, but the overall experience has been positive.”
Ophelia Rothschild, Sandpoint, Idaho
“I am an Insurance Transcriptionist, and I must say that the company’s commitment to quality is commendable. My listening and typing skills have improved, and I feel good about contributing to the accuracy of insurance claims. Being outside the US, I also appreciate the company’s inclusive culture. The only negative aspect is the difference in time zones, which sometimes causes delays in communication.”
Lysander Van Der Meer, Utrecht, Netherlands
You can undertake remote jobs and work from home positions from anywhere in the world. But to give you further insights into the best opportunities, here are the top 20 locations where demand is high in this sector:
- San Francisco, California
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Dallas, Texas
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Denver, Colorado
- Phoenix, Arizona
- San Diego, California
- Jacksonville, Florida
- New York, New York
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Columbus, Ohio
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- San Jose, California
- Detroit, Michigan
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Seattle, Washington
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Austin, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
Many large corporations also offer remote jobs you can do from anywhere. Look out for opportunities with major employers of work-from-home professionals, such as:
- Cisco Systems
- UnitedHealth Group
These companies offer full-time, part-time, and entry-level remote jobs in customer service, data entry, virtual assistant, transcription, and administrative assistant roles.
Key Benefits of Remote Insurance Jobs
- Remote insurance jobs offer a flexible work environment, allowing individuals to work from the comfort of their own homes.
- Working remotely eliminates the need for commuting, saving valuable time and reducing expenses associated with transportation.
- Remote insurance jobs often provide a better work - life balance, allowing individuals to spend more time with family and pursue personal interests.
- Many remote insurance jobs offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and retirement plans.
- Remote positions in the insurance industry offer opportunities for career growth and advancement, with the ability to work for top companies in the field.
Tips for Securing a Remote Insurance Job
- Tailor your resume to highlight relevant insurance experience and remote work skills. Showcase any certifications or licenses you hold in the insurance industry.
- Research remote - friendly insurance companies and target your job search towards them. Companies like Anthem, Inc., CVS Health, and Progressive offer remote insurance positions.
- Take advantage of online job boards and career websites that specialize in remote work. Websites like FlexJobs provide curated listings for remote insurance jobs.
- Network with professionals in the insurance industry through LinkedIn or industry events. Connections can often lead to hidden job opportunities.
- Prepare for virtual interviews by practicing your communication skills via video conferencing platforms. Show enthusiasm and adaptability, emphasizing your ability to work independently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most common queries we receive on this topic.
Q. What’s the best way to find a high-paying job I can do from anywhere?
A: We recommend you sign up for remote job alerts (free) to get notified of new work-from-home jobs matched to your needs.
Q: What are remote insurance jobs?
A: Remote insurance jobs are job opportunities in the insurance industry that allow individuals to work from home or any location outside of a traditional office setting. These jobs typically involve tasks such as data analysis, customer service, claims processing, risk assessment, and more.
Q: How do I find remote insurance jobs?
A: To find remote insurance jobs, you can search on job boards that specifically cater to remote work opportunities, such as [[H2TERMS]] like "remote insurance jobs" or "work from home insurance jobs". These platforms aggregate job postings from various insurance companies and make it easier for you to find relevant opportunities.
Q: What qualifications do I need?
A: The qualifications for remote insurance jobs can vary depending on the specific role and company. However, common qualifications may include a background in insurance, knowledge of insurance policies and regulations, excellent communication skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work independently.
Q: Are remote insurance jobs only available for experienced professionals?
A: No, remote insurance jobs are available for individuals with varying levels of experience. While some positions may require a certain level of experience or expertise, there are also entry-level and junior roles available for those who are just starting their career in the insurance industry.
Q: Can I work as a freelance insurance professional remotely?
A: Yes, many insurance companies and clients are open to hiring freelance insurance professionals who can work remotely. Freelancing in the insurance industry can involve tasks such as insurance consulting, risk assessment, policy review, and more.
Q: Are these jobs limited to certain types of insurance?
A: No, remote insurance jobs can span across various types of insurance, including but not limited to car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, property insurance, and more. The specific type of insurance may depend on the company and the nature of the job.
Q: What is the future outlook?
A: The future outlook for remote insurance jobs is promising. With advancements in technology and a growing demand for remote work options, more insurance companies are embracing remote work arrangements. The COVID-19 pandemic has also accelerated the shift towards remote work, making it likely that remote insurance jobs will continue to be in demand in the coming years.
Q: What are the benefits of remote insurance jobs?
A: Some of the benefits of remote insurance jobs include the flexibility to work from anywhere, a better work-life balance, reduced commute time and expenses, the ability to tailor your work environment to your preferences, and the opportunity to work for companies and clients from around the world.
Q: Can I work remotely for insurance providers that are not based in my country?
A: Yes, remote insurance jobs often offer the flexibility to work for insurance providers that are based in different countries. As long as you meet the requirements for the job and can effectively communicate and collaborate with the team, geographical location is not usually a barrier for remote insurance work.
Q: How do I prepare for remote insurance job interviews?
A: To prepare for remote insurance job interviews, it is important to research the company and the specific role you are applying for. Familiarize yourself with common insurance terms and concepts, review your relevant experience and qualifications, and be prepared to answer questions about your ability to work remotely, handle customer interactions, and demonstrate your knowledge of insurance operations and policies.
Find Your Perfect Job
In conclusion, with the rise of remote work opportunities, finding the best remote insurance jobs has never been easier. Companies like Anthem, Inc., CVS Health, and Progressive offer excellent options for those looking to work from home in the insurance industry.
By utilizing platforms like FlexJobs and Working Nomads, individuals can explore a wide range of remote insurance job listings and secure positions with flexible schedules and competitive salaries.
So don't miss out on the chance to find your perfect remote insurance job - start your search today!
Crystal Rose is a spirited digital nomad and lifestyle blogger, advocating for remote work and independent living. A bold dream chaser, Crystal swapped the traditional 9-5 grind for a laptop and a worldwide adventure. She passionately shares her insights on work-life balance, productivity, and travel through her blog. Known for her feisty writing and honest advice, she empowers readers to embrace freedom and create their own dream life.