Landing Your Dream Job: A Guide to Zillow Careers
If you are seeking a rewarding career with a company that values flexibility, innovation, and work-life balance, then Zillow careers is a great option.
With many top dollar job opportunities available both onsite and remotely, Zillow offers the perfect platform for professionals to excel in the thriving real estate industry.
In this blog post, we'll explore what makes Zillow stand out as an employer and dive into the exciting positions they're currently hiring for.
- Zillow, the leading online real estate marketplace in the US, offers high - paying job opportunities both onsite and remotely in fields such as computer & IT, marketing, project management, administrative and software development.
- The company is committed to providing remote work options and flexible schedules for its employees to ensure a work-life balance that promotes productivity.
- Zillow values innovation and transparency within the industry by creating user-friendly apps across major platforms designed by their development team while continuously striving for excellence.
- To apply for a job opportunity at Zillow, visit their website or search for open positions on job boards like GoFreelance tailored to specific skills and interests.
Zillow is the leading online real estate marketplace that provides information on homes for buying, selling, renting, financing, and remodeling.
With an extensive database containing information on over 110 million homes nationwide, Zillow's innovative platform offers users a comprehensive solution to navigate all aspects of owning and selling a home.
The company’s rapid growth can be attributed to its core mission of empowering consumers through data-driven insights that create transparency within the industry.
Known for its pioneering initiatives such as Zestimate™ (a home valuation tool), Zillow now provides various resources like mortgage calculators and access to local professionals that make the process easier from start to finish.
Zillow's Market Presence
With services encompassing home buying, selling, renting, financing and remodeling, Zillow caters to all aspects of the real estate industry.
This prominence is also evident in their cutting-edge technology and innovative offerings.
Zillow's Commitment To Remote And Flexible Work
Zillow is committed to providing remote work opportunities and flexible schedules for its employees, allowing them to balance their personal and professional lives.
Remote Work Opportunities
Zillow is dedicated to providing its employees with a variety of remote work opportunities, enabling them to balance their personal and professional lives effectively. Some of these opportunities include:
- 100% remote jobs: Allowing employees to work from the comfort of their homes, without the need to commute or relocate.
- Freelance positions: Offering flexibility for professionals who prefer working on a project-basis rather than being tied down to a long-term commitment.
- Temporary assignments: Enabling employees to take on short-term projects that suit their availability and expertise.
- Hybrid roles: Combining the benefits of both onsite and remote work, giving employees the best of both worlds.
- Flexible schedules: Empowering workers to adjust their work hours as needed, accommodating their individual needs and preferences.
By offering these diverse work arrangements, Zillow ensures that its workforce remains engaged and motivated while contributing to the company's continued success in transforming the real estate industry.
Onsite Job Options
Zillow's commitment to remote and flexible work is admirable, but the company also offers excellent onsite job options. Some of the opportunities available at Zillow include:
- Workday Customer Experience Consultant - responsible for providing configuring solutions to Zillow users on Workday HCM, payroll, or financial management.
- Employee Engagement Manager - focuses on building a strong culture that supports employees' professional growth and wellbeing.
- B2B Lifecycle Marketing Manager - responsible for shaping the marketing strategy for Zillow's business partners.
- Sales Compensation Analyst - works with the sales team to develop compensation structures and maximize sales performance.
- Business Intelligence Analyst - collects data and creates actionable insights that improve decision-making across diverse functional areas at Zillow.
- Sustainability Reporting Specialist - helps report Zillow's sustainability initiatives and aligns them with industry standards such as GRI, CDP, etc.
- Strategy and Operations Associate - works with various departments to evaluate data trends, implement new processes and improve operational efficiencies.
- Financial Risk Management Analyst - develops risk management frameworks for treasury operations, manages market exposure positions, stress testing models around foreign exchange market trading exposures & provides improvements over an existing process from time to time .
- Treasury Manager - manages the cash positioning for Zillow's multiple treasury entities which involves hedging strategies, liquidity management & global cash optimization techniques
- Senior Internal Auditor - performs audits of all areas across Zillow including Corporate Office functions (Media Ops, Finance/Accounting/IT), Business Units (Premier Agent), subsidiary companies (Trulia/StreetEasy)ensuring compliance regulations are met
- Digital Product Engagement Manager- works collaboratively with cross-functional teams in developing engagement strategies to support the product goals while enhancing customer/seller experience
- Senior Email Specialist- focusing on end-to-end email campaigns right from initial briefing/strategy call through deployment, analysis & optimization in email service provider tools like Salesforce Marketing cloud, Eloqua
- Employee Communications Specialist - responsible for developing & driving internal communications strategies, key messages & campaigns to ensure employees are informed on the organization's direction and priorities.
- Creative Operations Manager- manages end-to-end creative operations functions that support advertising production pipelines, creative review processes, and digital asset management (DAM) solutions for Zillow's in-house agency Studio Z.
- Revenue Planning Manager - focuses on planning of revenue targets across marketing channels and business units.
- Senior Manager, Engineering - strategic planning for software development teams that deliver products with high-priority user needs to meet KPIs
- Listing Media Consultant - responsible for identifying optimization opportunities to help customers achieve better results while maintaining strong client relationships
- Regional Manager, Photography Operations - manages photography teams in various regions in the United States. The role is focused on driving quality , volume and delivery of images that help stand out Zillow compared to other online real estate marketplaces.
- People Operations Coordinator/Bilingual People Operations Coordinator -provides high-quality assistance as an advocate, problem-solver, and resource across HR functional areas including employee relations issues , benefits administration & compliance related matters .
Top Dollar Jobs At Zillow
Zillow offers a range of top-paying jobs in high-demand categories, giving you plenty of options when planning your Zillow career. Whatever your skills and qualifications you are likely to find an opportunity of interest.
In-demand Job Categories
Zillow offers a variety of high-paying and in-demand job categories for both onsite and remote work. Here are some of the top job categories:
- IT: Zillow's development team designs and manages its estate apps, making computer roles crucial to the company's success.
- Marketing: From B2B lifecycle marketing to customer experience consultancy, Zillow has a variety of marketing positions available to help promote its online real estate marketplace.
- Project Management: As a rapidly growing company, project management roles are in demand at Zillow to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Administrative: Administrative roles, such as senior internal auditor and people operations coordinator, play an important role in keeping Zillow's operations running smoothly.
- Software Development: With its focus on technology, software development is one of the most important job categories at Zillow, with positions ranging from entry-level to senior management.
Overall, Zillow offers highly competitive salaries for its employees in all job categories, along with comprehensive benefits packages and flexible work options that make it an attractive employer for anyone looking for a challenging career in the tech industry.
Skills And Qualifications Needed
For those seeking to apply for top dollar jobs at Zillow, here are the skills and qualifications needed:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Proven experience in the relevant job category.
- A creative and innovative mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proficient in computer software and technology related to the job role.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong problem - solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing work demands.
- Passionate about real estate industry trends, technologies, and customer needs.
It is also worth noting that Zillow offers training programs, mentorship opportunities, and career development resources for its employees to help them grow their skills and expertise over time.
Part Time & Remote Jobs
Here are some related job opportunities you may find of interest.
- Job Description: Assist real estate agents with uploading listings to Zillow, coordinate photography for listings, and schedule open houses.
- Requirements: Basic computer skills, good communication, and organization skills. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $17-25/hour
- Benefits: Flexible schedule, remote work options, opportunity to learn about the real estate industry.
- Job Description: Provide customer support and answer queries via online chat for Zillow's services.
- Requirements: Strong written communication skills. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $15-20/hour
- Benefits: Work from home, flexible hours, access to Zillow's internal training resources.
- Job Description: Create engaging content for Zillow’s blog or social media platforms, including articles, posts, and videos.
- Requirements: Creativity, good writing skills, familiarity with social media platforms.
- Estimated Salary: $20-30/hour
- Benefits: Work remotely, flexible hours, potential for performance bonuses.
- Job Description: Enter property listing information into Zillow's database quickly and accurately.
- Requirements: Fast typing skills and attention to detail. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $15-18/hour
- Benefits: Work remotely, flexible schedule.
- Job Description: Analyze real estate data and trends for specific markets, creating reports for Zillow’s clients and internal teams.
- Requirements: Basic knowledge of real estate market, proficiency in Excel.
- Estimated Salary: $25-35/hour
- Benefits: Remote work, access to Zillow’s internal training resources, career development opportunities.
- Job Description: Use virtual staging software to help real estate agents and homeowners present properties in the best light on Zillow.
- Requirements: Basic computer skills, an eye for design. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $18-25/hour
- Benefits: Work from home, flexible hours, opportunity for creativity.
- Job Description: Promote Zillow in local communities through social media and attending events. Build relationships with local real estate agents.
- Requirements: Outgoing personality, active on social media.
- Estimated Salary: $20-25/hour + commission
- Benefits: Networking opportunities, attending events, potential for commissions.
- Job Description: Edit video content for Zillow's website, social media, or marketing campaigns.
- Requirements: Proficiency in video editing software, creative mindset.
- Estimated Salary: $25-35/hour
- Benefits: Work remotely, flexible hours, opportunity to build a portfolio.
- Job Description: Collect and organize user feedback on Zillow’s platforms to help improve user experience.
- Requirements: Good communication skills, attention to detail. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $15-20/hour
- Benefits: Work remotely, flexible schedule, be part of improving Zillow’s platforms.
- Job Description: Take stunning photographs of properties for Zillow listings in your area.
- Requirements: Photography skills and a good camera. No degree required.
- Estimated Salary: $25-50 per property
- Benefits: Flexible schedule, outdoor work, build photography portfolio.
What People Say
Here’s what people have to say, based on their own personal experiences:
“I appreciate the autonomy and flexibility that Zillow provides me as a Remote Real Estate Listing Assistant. The pay is satisfactory, and I have the benefit of working from home, which has been invaluable during the pandemic.
It’s sometimes challenging to keep up with the fast-paced nature of the real estate market, but the support and resources provided by Zillow make it manageable.”
Cassia Whitfield, Redding, California
“I work as a Virtual Home Staging Consultant and it has been a rewarding experience. Zillow encourages creativity and allows me to use my design skills to help present properties in the best light.
The job can sometimes be monotonous, but the flexibility in hours and the ability to work from home make up for it.”
Fletcher Monroe, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“As a Community Ambassador, I have the opportunity to connect with real estate professionals and potential clients in my community. Zillow offers decent pay and commissions, which are a great incentive.
However, since most of my work involves networking, it can sometimes be exhausting to always be “on.” The company could also improve internal communication between different departments.”
Anika Patel, New Bern, North Carolina
“I'm part of Zillow's data entry team. The job is relatively simple and the pay is decent for a position that doesn’t require a degree.
The management is supportive and I love the fact that I can work remotely. However, I wish there were more opportunities for career growth within the company.”
Malcolm Caldwell, La Crosse, Wisconsin
“I work as a Market Analyst at Zillow and being in Berlin, I particularly appreciate the company's global approach to the real estate market.
The remote work arrangement is seamless and allows for a good work-life balance. While the work is intellectually stimulating, the time difference sometimes leads to odd hours for team meetings.”
Lena Schmidt, Berlin, Germany
You can undertake remote jobs and work from home positions from anywhere in the world. But to give you further insights into the best opportunities, here are the top 20 locations where demand is high in this sector:
- Houston, Texas
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Phoenix, Arizona
- San Antonio, Texas
- San Diego, California
- Dallas, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Austin, Texas
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Columbus, Ohio
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Seattle, Washington
- Denver, Colorado
- El Paso, Texas
- Detroit, Michigan
- Washington, D.C.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Nashville, Tennessee
Many large corporations also offer remote jobs you can do from anywhere. Look out for opportunities with major employers of work-from-home professionals, such as:
- UnitedHealth Group
- American Express
These companies offer full-time, part-time, and entry-level remote jobs in customer service, data entry, virtual assistant, transcription, and administrative assistant roles.
How To Apply For Zillow Careers
To apply for a Zillow career, visit their website and search for open positions that match your skills and qualifications. Don't forget to tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job you are applying for.
To apply for a job opportunity at Zillow, follow these steps:
- Search for open positions on the Zillow Careers website or job boards like FlexJobs.
- Click on the desired job title to read its description and requirements.
- Click "Apply Now" to begin the application process.
- Complete the online application form with your personal information, work history, and resume/CV.
- Submit your application.
Zillow's hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Keep in mind that the hiring process may vary depending on the position and department you are applying for.
You should tailor your application materials (resume, cover letter) to match the job requirements and showcase how your skills and experience align with the position.
According to Great Places to Work, Zillow employees appreciate the company's transparent hiring process that includes clear job descriptions, timely responses, and inclusive interviews.
Tips For A Successful Application
Here are some tips to help you stand out when applying for a job at Zillow:
- Tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job you're applying for, highlighting relevant skills and experiences.
- Research the company culture and values, and incorporate them into your application materials. This shows that you're invested in being part of the team.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to showcase your personality and creativity in your application, especially if you're applying for a marketing or creative role.
- Use keywords from the job posting in your application materials, as automated screening tools may be used to filter applicants.
- Follow the instructions carefully when submitting your application, including formatting and required documents like transcripts or work samples.
- Be prepared for potential video interviews or assessments as part of the hiring process.
- Always proofread your application materials before submitting them, and error - check any online forms or applications.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of standing out to Zillow's hiring team and landing your dream job with this industry leader in real estate technology.
Benefits Of Working At Zillow
Zillow offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package that includes fully paid health insurance and stock purchase options, and promotes work-life balance for its employees.
Zillow offers competitive compensation to its employees, with salaries that are commensurate with industry trends.
The company's generous pay packages include not only base salary but also bonuses, stock options, and benefits such as fully paid health insurance for eligible employees.
Zillow's commitment to fair and equitable pay is reflected in the fact that it has been recognized as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Great Places to Work.
In terms of specific examples of highly compensated jobs available at Zillow, positions like Digital Product Engagement Manager or Business Intelligence Analyst tend to pay top dollar.
Successful applicants for these roles generally possess years of experience in their respective fields and must meet rigorous qualification standards set forth by hiring managers.
Zillow offers competitive compensation
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Zillow offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Fully paid health insurance: All eligible employees can choose from a variety of healthcare plans, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock purchase options: Employees have the opportunity to invest in Zillow's stocks at a discounted rate.
- Progressive wellness benefits: Zillow provides wellness programs that encourage healthy lifestyles, such as gym membership reimbursements and fitness challenges.
- Family benefits: Zillow offers parental leave, backup childcare services, and adoption assistance.
- Retirement savings plan: Eligible employees can participate in Zillow's 401(k) plan with employer-matching contributions.
- Paid time off: Employees receive generous vacation time, sick days, and holidays to maintain work-life balance.
- Financial planning resources: Zillow provides financial counseling services to help employees plan for their future.
- Education reimbursement: Qualified employees receive tuition reimbursement for job-related courses or degree programs.
These comprehensive benefits demonstrate Zillow's commitment to creating a competitive and supportive workplace culture that values the well-being of its employees.
Zillow understands the importance of work-life balance and provides its employees with flexible work options to achieve it.
Zillow offers freelance, temporary, flexible schedule, hybrid, and 100% remote jobs that allow for greater control over one's personal and professional life.
In fact, the company offers remote work options for 100% of its employees and flexible schedules for 95%.
The company's commitment to employee satisfaction extends beyond just benefits; it also fosters a collaborative culture that encourages teamwork while providing modern spaces where associates can thrive in an open environment.
With opportunities available in various fields from computer & IT to administrative roles or marketing positions at every level from entry-level to senior executives, working at Zillow means access to diverse career paths that help forge new connections between teammates across different departments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most common queries we receive on this topic.
Q. What’s the best way to find a high-paying job I can do from anywhere?
A: We recommend you sign up for remote job alerts (free) to get notified of new work-from-home jobs matched to your needs.
Q: What is Zillow?
A: Zillow is a real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration, and knowledge around the place they call home. They aim to reimagine real estate in ways that foster a dynamic, diverse and inclusive community.
Q: What kind of job opportunities does Zillow offer?
A: Zillow offers a wide range of job opportunities for individuals who want to be part of the Zillow team. They have job openings in areas such as engineering, data analysis, programming, real estate photography, mobile app development, leadership, and more.
Q: How can I join Zillow?
A: You can search and apply for jobs on Zillow's career website. Simply select the role that suits you and submit your application. Candidates will be reviewed and selected based on their qualifications, experience, and skills.
Q: Does Zillow offer work from home opportunities?
A: Yes, Zillow offers work from home opportunities in a number of roles. They recognize the need for flexibility and work-life balance. Positions vary by location and availability, so be sure to check their career website for possibilities.
Q: What kind of employee benefits does Zillow offer?
A: Zillow offers a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes health care and mental health insurance, equity and belonging programs, recognition and rewards, process improvement, and more.
Q: What kind of reviews has Zillow received as an employer?
A: Zillow is well-regarded as an employer, with a Glassdoor rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. Zillow has received positive reviews on aspects such as the company's mission to give their employees, customers, and partners the power to unlock life's next chapter and the handling of the COVID-19 work arrangements.
Q: Does Zillow invest in its employees?
A: Yes. Zillow invests in their employees by providing opportunities for personal and professional growth, through recognition and rewards programs, continuing education opportunities, and a dedication to a culture that ensures everyone feels valued and supported.
Q: How does Zillow support mental health in the workplace?
A: Zillow understands that mental health is an important aspect of overall health and well-being. They offer a variety of resources and support services, such as Employee Assistance Programs, counseling services, and other resources to help employees take care of their mental health.
Q: Does Zillow have any projects related to affordable housing and housing access?
A: Yes, Zillow recognizes the importance of housing affordability and access, and has started multiple initiatives to help get there. Zillow has invested in research to better understand the housing crisis, created housing maps to show affordability and accessibility inventory, and aims to partner with various organizations to make home ownership more attainable for all.
Q: How is Zillow using technology to transform real estate?
A: Zillow uses data analytics and mobile apps to transform real estate through a seamless transaction process. They integrate technology into their platform to give customers a better experience, such as using virtual reality tours and machine learning algorithms to provide more accurate home value estimates.
A Dynamic Career Opportunity
If you're looking for a dynamic career opportunity with a company that values innovation, flexibility, and work-life balance, Zillow may be the perfect fit. With both onsite and remote job options available in fields ranging from IT to marketing to project management, there's sure to be an opportunity that matches your skills and interests.
Joe Bensam is a dynamic, young blogger and avid entrepreneur, fervently championing the cause of startups and global team collaborations. Riding the crest of the digital age, he harnesses his experiences in the entrepreneurial world to provide practical insights and inspiration.
Starting his entrepreneurial journey at a young age, Joe quickly grasped the potential of a connected global community in shaping the future of business. His writing encompasses his passion for innovative startups, the power of global teams, and the limitless opportunities in entrepreneurship.
Renowned for his energetic writing style and progressive ideas, Joe offers his readers a fresh, forward-thinking perspective on building successful businesses in today's interconnected world.